The Utah Film Center (UTFC) is seeking a diverse, energetic, and dedicated team of Teaching Artists to join the Media Education department for the 2022-2023 academic school year. UTFC’s Media Education programs introduce students and teachers to the power of film as a teaching and learning resource and work to improve students’ media literacy through film screenings, discussions, workshops, and classroom lessons that will increase student engagement, comprehension, and critical thinking while supporting core curriculum requirements for arts education.
Utah Film Center is a Salt Lake City-based 501(c)3 that connects people, stories, and ideas through film and media arts. Founded in 2002, Utah Film Center presents films for cinema lovers of all ages, offers in-class and teacher-focused education programs, and offers support for filmmakers.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our talented team of creative, innovative and passionate individuals.
The ideal candidate is very organized, has experience managing dynamic events, is a good communicator, motivates and cheers on their teammates, is humble and will take on tasks that support and build a team environment. This position reports directly to the Executive Director but works closely with the Film Exhibition Director and the Education and Family Programs Director as well as several contractors and volunteers.
This Salt Lake City-based position is a full-time, exempt position and includes paid holidays, paid time off, a retirement, medical, and dental plan as well as a flexible work schedule and opportunities for remote working. Salary ranges from $50-$55K based on experience level.
- Project Management of two annual film festivals, as well as traveling programs.
- Conduct meetings with department heads to identify project requirements.
- Help teams navigate project deadlines.
- Identify and assign project tasks based on skill sets, experience and strength of staff members.
- Monitor project performance to ensure timely delivery.
- Compile and submit project status reports to the leadership team.
- Work effectively with staff, contractors, and partners to create a collaborative team environment.
- Manage Volunteer and Intern Program
- Maintain volunteers database.
- Work with staff to determine volunteer and intern needs.
- Manage volunteer and intern recruitment.
- Strategize volunteer appreciation opportunities.
- Manage Office Operations
- Update and manage Master HR / Admin Calendar.
- Oversee in-office staff scheduling.
- Managing staff travel and travel expenses.
- Ensuring that the office is well-maintained and organized; managing parking passes; acting as the main point of contact for office/building related issues; ordering office supplies, etc..
- Supporting the Finance Director with the following duties:
- Credit card reconciliations, helping administer the month-end process.
- Distributing and collecting reimbursements, checks, and invoice tracking.
- 3+ years of event management experience.
- Project management certification or significant project management experience
- Experience in managing teams, contractors, volunteers, or interns.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving including strong communication, evaluation and decision-making skills.
- The ability to handle oneself in a professional manner while under pressure
- Outgoing, friendly and compassionate.
- Willingness to train staff, volunteers and interns.
- Proficient with Apple Mac software, iCal, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with or a willingness to learn Salesforce, Google Drive, Google Apps, Asana, Slack and room scheduling software or applications required.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com