June 9 @ 8:00 am - December 9 @ 5:00 pm
Financial assistance to Utah residents for housing support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Funding is intended to help income-eligible families and individuals who have been negatively impacted by the pandemic and are struggling with rent and utility payments. The goal of the program is to help people who are affected by the crisis stay in their homes and maintain the stability of their families. Landlords may apply for assistance on behalf of a tenant.
Eligible Uses of Funds Provided:
- Current rent plus 3 months of prospective rent (with a termed lease)
- Past-due rent
- Eligible fees
- Security deposit
- Utilities, internet, and home energy costs.
Eligible households have:
– Combined household income at or below 80% of area median income
– Someone in the household has qualified for unemployment, or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
– Household is experiencing housing instability (for example, received a past-due utility or rent notice or eviction notice, or living in unsafe or unhealthy living conditions) due to COVID-19
– Applicant resides in the household and is on the lease.
Applicants may be prioritized and expedited if they are:
– Unemployed for at least 90 days, or
– At or below 50% area median income
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source’s website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://jobs.utah.gov/housing/rent-relief/